courtesy of Epicurious
First time grilling your greens? Lay them across the grill grates so they don't fall through, and be ready to turn them-they char quickly.Ingredients
2 medium Japanese eggplants or 1 globe eggplant (about 1 pound), sliced crosswise on a diagonal 1/2\"-thick
3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
Freshly ground black pepper
2 large bunches hardy greens (such as kale or Swiss chard)
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 teaspoon garam masala or curry powder
Lemon wedges (for serving)Method
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Toss eggplant with turmeric and 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Toss greens with 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant, turning often, until tender and charred in spots, 5-8 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Grill greens, turning often, until lightly charred in spots, about 2 minutes; transfer to a cutting board and let cool slightly. Remove thick ribs and stems from greens and discard. Tear large leaves into large pieces; transfer to bowl with eggplant, add mint and 2 tablespoons oil, and toss to combine.
- Mix yogurt and garam masala in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon yogurt onto a platter and top with eggplant, greens, and mint mixture. Drizzle with more oil and serve with lemon wedges.