courtesy of Lillian Zhao
I’m so in love with creamy soups in autumn and winter! They make you feel like home and warm you after a long and cold day. With this recipe I tried to combine sweet and hot ingredients to one delicious soup that is creamy without using cream!For the Soup Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion (cut into thin slices)
1 clove garlic (cut into thin slices)
2 tablespoons chopped ginger (cut into thin slices)
1 1/2 pounds carrots (cut into slices)
1 orange (peeled)
1 potato (diced)
4 cups water
2 cups vegetable stockFor the Spirals
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole spelt flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (or flour of your choice)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup tomato
Dried Italian herb mix to tasteMethod
- To prepare the soup, heat olive oil, garlic, onion and ginger in a pot.
- Add carrots, orange, potato, water, stock and Daily Turmeric Tonic. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then mash/smooth with a mixer to desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, to prepare sticks combine water, yeast and salt in mixing bowl and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add spelt and wheat flours and mix together for 2 minutes until dough forms.
- Roll out thin bread sticks, brush with olive oil and tomato paste and sprinkle with spices.
- Twist sticks into spirals and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with spirals on the side.
- Garnish the soup with fresh watercress, herbs, seeds or pumpkin seed oil, as desired.