courtesy of Bon Appetit, Rick Rodgers
Fresh truffles cost hundreds of dollars per pound. A drizzle of truffle oil gives a similar flavor and aroma for a fraction of the price.
To make this a meal, add it to your pasta of choice and mix in a little goat cheese!Ingredients
* 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
* 10 ounces button mushrooms or crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
* 1 large shallot, chopped
* 1 1/2 9-ounce bags fresh spinach leaves
* 1 to 2 teaspoons truffle oil (you can buy it in tiny bottles found either with the rest of the oils, or sometimes in the cheese section.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté until brown and liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes. Add shallot; sauté 2 minutes.
Add spinach, 1/3 at a time, to skillet with mushrooms and toss over medium-high heat, allowing each batch to wilt slightly before adding next, about 2 minutes per batch. Sauté just until all spinach is wilted and heated through. Stir in 1 teaspoon truffle oil. Season with salt, pepper, and more truffle oil, if desired. Transfer to bowl and serve.