courtesy of Bon Appetit Test Kitchen March 2014Ingredients
6 ounces country-style bread, torn into bite-size pieces (about 4 cups)
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 cup olive oil, divided
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
1 small shallot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 small head radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
1/2 cup green olives, pitted, halved
3 ounces aged sheep\'s-milk cheese (such as Manchego)
shaved 3 ounces hard salami, thinly slicedMethod
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss bread with lemon zest and 1/4 cup oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake, tossing occasionally, until crisp on the outside but still chewy in the center, 8–10 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, and oregano in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup oil.
- Add radicchio, fennel, parsley, olives, cheese, salami, and bread to dressing; toss to combine.
- DO AHEAD: Salad can be dressed the night before. Cover and chill.