courtesy of EpicuriousIngredients
8 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/16-inch ribbons
Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing, plus 2 tablespoons extra
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons chopped oregano
1 bunch kale (500 grams), trimmed and blanched
1 bunch English spinach (375 grams), trimmed and blanched
2 1/4 cups (540 grams) fresh ricotta
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
1 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
3/4 cup (75 grams) grated mozzarella
3/4 cup (60 grams) finely grated Parmesan
Baby (micro) salad mix (optional), to serveMethod
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the zucchini in a single layer on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Brush both sides of the ribbons with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Heat the extra oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and oregano and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the kale and spinach in paper towel or a clean tea towel and squeeze to remove any excess liquid.
- Roughly chop, add to the onion mixture and stir to combine.
- Place the ricotta, lemon rind, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Line the base of a lightly greased 9x9-inch baking dish with one-third of the roasted zucchini.
- Top with half the ricotta mixture and half the kale mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Top with half the remaining zucchini, and the remaining ricotta and kale mixtures. Sprinkle with half the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Top with the remaining zucchini and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Slice and serve with the baby salad mix (optional).