courtesy of Lourdes Castro, Simply Mexican
Enjoy this summer twist on traditional Guacamole!Ingredients
Kernels from 3 ears fresh corn, or 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
1 jalapeño, stemmed and seeded, finely chopped
1 avocado, pitted and choppedMethod
- Roast the Corn for the Guacamole
- Roast it on the grill while it\'s still on the cob, or
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Put the corn kernels on the baking sheet and toss with the oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste. Spread the corn out evenly on the baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, until the corn turns a golden brown. It may seem that you have left the corn in the oven for too long, but you want the corn to caramelize and get a little crunchy. Remove the corn from the oven and set aside.
- Finish the Roasted Corn Guacamole
- In a bowl, combine the roasted corn, red onion, cilantro, lime zest and juice, and jalapeño. Gently stir in the avocado. Season with salt and pepper.