courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis on FoodNetwork.comIngredients
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound zucchini (about 3 large), trimmed and sliced diagonally about 1/4-inch thick
1 pound yellow crookneck squash (about 3 large), trimmed and sliced diagonally about 1/4-inch thickMethod
- Whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and thyme in a large bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the marinade into a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Add the zucchini and yellow squash to the remaining marinade in the large bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature at least 3 hours or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat. Grill the vegetables until they are crisp-tender and brown, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a platter. Drizzle with the reserved marinade and serve hot or at room temperature.