courtesy of Bon Appetit
Allow about 5 1/2 hours for the pizza dough to rise. The small quantity of yeast and a long, slow rise give the crust its great flavor and texture.
If you don't want to make your own dough, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods make a pretty good fresh dough that you can find in the refrigerated section.Crust and Seasoned Oil Ingredients
3/4 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast (from 1 envelope)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups (about) unbleached all purpose flour
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepperTopping Ingredients
Topping\r\n 1 bunch Swiss chard (about 10 ounces), white ribs cut away\r\n 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil\r\n 1 large garlic clove, minced\r\n Yellow cornmeal\r\n 8 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated\r\n 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)\r\nMethod
- For crust:
- Pour 3/4 cup water into large bowl. Sprinkle yeast over; stir to blend. Let stand 10 minutes to dissolve yeast. Add oil and salt, then 1 1/2 cups flour. Stir until well blended (dough will be sticky). Turn dough out onto generously floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, adding just enough flour to prevent dough from sticking, about 5 minutes (dough will be soft). Shape dough into ball; place in large oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover bowl with kitchen towel. Let dough rise at cool room temperature until almost doubled, about 2 hours. Punch dough down; form into ball. Return to bowl; cover with towel and let rise until doubled, about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare seasoned oil:
- Mix oil, garlic, and red pepper in small bowl. Let stand 1 hour.
- For topping:
- Cook chard in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water; drain. Squeeze dry, then coarsely chop. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add chard and stir 1 minute. Season to taste with salt.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Punch down dough. Form into ball; place on floured work surface. Cover with kitchen towel; let rest 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle rimless baking sheet with cornmeal. Roll out dough on floured surface to 13-inch round. Transfer to baking sheet. Sprinkle mozzarella over dough, leaving 1-inch border. Scatter chard over mozzarella. Top with goat cheese. Brush crust edge with some of seasoned oil. Set aside 2 teaspoons seasoned oil; drizzle remaining oil over pizza.
- Bake pizza until crust is brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven; brush edge with seasoned oil and serve.