courtesy of Bon Appetit
I like the inspiration for this recipe, and the main flavors are great, but you can use different greens. It will taste great with leaf lettuce or spinach. Dressing Ingredients
* 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup olive oil
* 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
* 8 bacon slices
* 5 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegarSalad Ingredients
* 8 cups loosely packed and trimmed watercress (about 2 large bunches)\r\n * 2 heads Belgian endive, trimmed, sliced crosswise\r\n * 3 ripe pears, halved, cored, thinly sliced\r\n * 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese\r\n * 1/3 cup husked toasted hazelnuts, coarsely choppedMethod
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; sauté until tender and golden, about 8 minutes. Transfer to small bowl; cool. Cook bacon in same skillet until crisp. Transfer to paper towels; drain. Crumble bacon into small pieces. Whisk vinegar and remaining 1/2 cup oil in medium bowl to blend. Stir in shallots. Season dressing generously with salt and pepper.
- Combine watercress, endive and pears in large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese, hazelnuts and bacon and serve.