courtesy of Rachel
Make this easy Gluten-Free & Vegan Vegetable Noodle Miso Soup for dinner tonight! It’s simple to make in under 30 minutes and irresistibly delicious. You can customize the soup with whatever vegetables you have on hand.Ingredients
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
½ cup chopped green onion (keep the greens and whites separated)
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
2 cloves garlic (minced)
6 cups vegetable broth (I like using mushroom broth)
¼ cup white or chickpea miso paste
2 to 3 cups veggies of your choice (I used 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced, 1/2 cup small broccoli florets, 2 fresh carrots, peeled & thinly sliced, & 1/2 cup edamame beans – you can also just buy a stir fry veggie mix)
2 to 4 tablespoons tamari (to taste, coconut aminos or soy sauce can also be used)
4 ounces maifun brown rice noodles (half of the 8 oz. package)Method
- Heat a medium soup pot or saucepan to medium heat. Add the toasted sesame oil and when it’s shimmering, add the white parts of the green onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook for one minute, and then add the broth. Bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, place the miso paste into a small bowl, add a little hot water or broth and whisk until smooth. This will ensure it doesn’t clump. Set aside.
- Add the veggies of your choice to the pot and simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender. When your veggies are almost tender, add the noodles. Cook for about two minutes (or however long your package says).
- Once the noodles are tender, remove from heat, add green onion tops, miso mixture, and tamari and stir to combine.
- Taste and add more miso or tamari if desired. Serve hot. Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.