courtesy of www.rachaelhartleynutrition.com
Roasted fall vegetable pesto pasta is an easy and comforting weeknight dinner. Use any seasonal vegetable you like, but this combination of carrots, delicata squash and brussels sprouts is especially tasty! Ingredients
1 delicata squash, halved, seeds scooped out and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
3 carrots, in 1/2 inch cubes
12 ounce brussels sprouts, halved
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 ounce 100% whole grain penne or fusilli
2 cups basil, packed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
2 tablespoons nutrition yeast
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oilMethod
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss squash and carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and spread evenly on a large baking dish. Place in the oven and roast for 35 minutes until browned and tender.
- Toss brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet, place in the oven and roast 25 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- While pasta and vegetables are cooking, place basil, lemon juice, walnuts, nutritional yeast, and garlic in a food processor. Blend until finely chopped, then stream in olive oil and continue to blend until pureed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add roasted vegetables and pesto. Toss to combine and serve.