courtesy of Marthastewart.com
Vegetable curries are one of my favorites to make because you can really use whatever vegetables you like best! (My favorite to add is zucchini!)Ingredients
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons green curry paste
1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
1-2 carrots, peeled, sliced
1/2 pound mushrooms, stems trimmed, halved if large
1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
4 heads baby bok choy (6 ounces), halved lengthwise
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 can (13.5 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, or cilantro, parsley, tornMethod
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, carrots, green beans, and bell pepper and cook until beans are bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer until beans are crisp-tender,
- 5-8 minutes. Add the bok choy or other greens (if using) last as they don\'t take long to cook and you just want to wilt them
- Serve over rice, topped with basil or other fresh herb