courtesy of ShannaIngredients
4 thick slices of bacon, chopped
2 tbsp butter
3 med-large leeks, white and light green parts only rinsed well and sliced thin
4 large garlic cloves, sliced thin
1 large celery root, peeled and cubed into 1’ pieces
1 large stalk of broccoli, stems and crown chopped into 1” pieces
1 head of romanesco, chopped into 1” pieces
4 cups organic vegetable or chicken stock
Freshly ground pepper (either black or white pepper)
Smoked sea saltMethod
- Cook the bacon in a large heavy pot such as a Dutch oven, until crispy. Remove the bacon but don’t drain the grease.
- Add the butter and stir until melted then add the leeks and sauté over medium heat until wilted, about 5-6 min.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the veggies and the stock and bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the celery root is fork tender, about 25 min.
- Puree the soup in batches using a blender, or all at once using an immersion blender. Make sure it is all blended well.
- Season with pepper and smoked sea salt. If the soup is too thick add more stock.
- Serve hot with bacon crumbled on top.