courtesy of cookinglight.com
serving size: 3/4 cup squash mixture, 1/2 cup couscous, and 1 lemon wedgeIngredients
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup (1/2-inch) slices leek
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
3 2/3 cups Simple Vegetable Stock, divided
2 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
1 cup (1/2-inch) slices carrot
3/4 cup (1-inch) cubed peeled Yukon gold potato
1 tablespoon harissa
1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound turnips, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges (about 2 medium)
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 1/3 cups uncooked couscous
8 lemon wedges Method
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and leek; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add coriander and next 4 ingredients (through garlic); cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add 3 cups Simple Vegetable Stock and the next 8 ingredients (through chickpeas); bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in parsley and honey.
- Remove 2/3 cup hot cooking liquid from squash mixture.
- Place cooking liquid and remaining 2/3 cup stock in a medium bowl. Stir in couscous. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.