courtesy of Andrea Albin, Gourmet
Watermelon and yogurt may sound like unlikely bedfellows, but this refreshing dish deliciously disproves that assumption. Flaky shards of sea salt, added just before serving, highlight both the melon's sweetness and the sauce's savory tang
Variation: Use feta cheese and then just squeeze fresh lime juice on the salad! Light and refreshing!Ingredients
1 small garlic clove
2 medium cucumbers (1 pound total), divided
1 1/2 cups plain Greek-style yogurt
2/3 cup chopped mint, divided
1 (3-pounds) piece watermelon, rind removed and fruit cut into 1-inch chunks (6 cups)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Flaky sea salt such as MaldonMethod
- Mince and mash garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt and transfer to a bowl.
- Peel 1 cucumber, then halve lengthwise and seed. Coarsely grate into bowl with garlic paste. Stir in yogurt, 1/3 cup mint, and 3/4 teaspoon salt to make tsatsiki.
- Peel remaining cucumber and halve lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- Toss sliced cucumber with watermelon, remaining 1/3 cup mint, and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Serve fruit with tsatsiki. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste