courtesy of Bon Appetit
Light, simple and very flavorful. The sliced fennel adds a little crunch and pairs nicely with the orange salad dressingDressing Ingredients
* 1/4 cup fresh blood orange juice or fresh orange juice
* 2 tablespoons minced shallots (use the spring onions in the bin)
* 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
* 2 teaspoons (packed) grated orange peel
* 1 teaspoon honey
* 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds Salad
* 12 cups torn assorted salad greens.
* 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh fennel bulb
* 3 blood oranges or Minneola Tangelos, peeled and segmented
* 2/3 cup walnuts, toastedMethod
- Whisk orange juice, shallots, thyme, orange peel, and honey in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil, then fennel fronds. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Re whisk before using.)
- Cut peel and white pith from oranges. Working over bowl, cut between membranes to release orange segments from pith.
- Combine assorted greens, and toasted walnuts in large bowl. Drain orange segments and add to salad. Toss salad with enough dressing to coat evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.