courtesy of Epicurious
Spinach and Roasted Beet Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette The lively dressing lends a little zip to this fresh-tasting, colorful salad.Ingredients
4 medium beets, trimmed
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
8 cups fresh spinach leaves (about 8 ounces), trimmedMethod
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wrap beets in foil.
- Roast until beets are tender when pierced with skewer, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Cool beets slightly. Peel beets; cut into wedges. Place in medium bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, oil, soy sauce and ginger in small bowl to blend well.
- Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add red onion and half of vinaigrette to beets and toss to blend.
- Place spinach in large bowl. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over; toss to coat. Arrange beet mixture atop spinach.