courtesy of Tina TurbinIngredients
4 large turnips, washed, stems removed
⅓ cup olive oil or coconut oil
Finely ground sea salt
OPTIONAL: cumin, pepper, cayenne etc.- let your imagination run wild - Method
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut turnips into french fry shapes and thickness at you desire. I suggest fairly thick.
- In a large bowl, toss turnips with oil of your choice.
- Sprinkle with salt (and seasoning of your choice).
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil or a non sticking baking mat.
- Lay turnips in single layers on baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, rotate pan and \"turn\" the fries so they cook evenly.\'
- These will bake soft.
- Remove from oven.
- Season with a little more salt as needed.