courtesy of Bon Appetit
Begin this dish early in the day to allow the polenta to set.Ingredients
4 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup polenta (coarse cornmeal) or yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, mincedMethod
- Bring 4 cups water and salt to boil in heavy large saucepan. Gradually add polenta, whisking until boiling and smooth. Reduce heat to low. Cook until very thick, whisking often, about 25 minutes (about 15 minutes for yellow cornmeal). Whisk in cheese. Spread in 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Cool slightly. Cover; chill at least 6 hours.
- Whisk lime juice, oil and garlic in large bowl to blend. Set dressing aside.
- Spray grill with oil spray; prepare barbecue (medium heat). Spray corn and onion slices with oil spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until vegetables are tender, turning often, about 8 minutes for corn and 15 minutes for onion. Cool. Cut corn kernels from cobs. Coarsely chop onion. Add corn, onion, tomatoes, cucumber and mint to dressing; toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut polenta into 4 squares. Cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles. Spray polenta with oil spray. Grill until heated through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Divide salad among 4 plates. Place 2 polenta triangles alongside each salad.