courtesy of Jim LaheyIngredients
160 grams (4 or 5) thick asparagus spears
1 avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
16 fresh mint leaves, chopped
20 grams (about 2 tablespoons) extra-virgin olive oil
Pinch of fine sea salt per servingMethod
- Cut away about 2 inches of the base of each asparagus spear.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave the entire asparagus from bottom to top, reversing your grip and rotating as necessary to shave as much as possible. Don\'t rush it; be deliberate for the greatest precision.
- Divide the asparagus strips among 4 salad plates.
- Cut each avocado half into 4 sections and place 2 wedges on each salad.
- Sprinkle with the mint leaves. Squeeze lime juice over the salads, drizzle evenly with the oil, and sprinkle with salt.