courtesy of Bon AppetitIngredients
4 tablespoons (about) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs (about 12)
1 large onion, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
2 green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
6 whole tomatoes from 28-ounce can, drained, chopped
1 cup dry white wineMethod
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, cook chicken until golden brown, about 4 minutes total, adding more oil as needed.
- Transfer to platter (reserve skillet).
- Add onion, garlic, and parsley to same skillet; sauté until onion is soft, scraping up browned bits, about 4 minutes.
- Add green peppers, tomatoes, and wine; return chicken to skillet.
- Cover; simmer over medium-low heat 30 minutes. Uncover; cook until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.