courtesy of Epicurious
You can serve this dish on or along side salad greens of your choice.Ingredients
1 3/4 cups store-bought or homemade pesto, divided
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided, plus more for grill
1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
8 small bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
4 ripe peaches, halvedMethod
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups pesto, 1/2 cup oil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add chicken to bowl and slide your hand between skin and meat to loosen skin. Rub half of pesto mixture under skin, then half over outside.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat or heat a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high; oil grate or pan. Season chicken with remaining 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Grill chicken, skin side down, covered, until golden brown and lightly charred, 7–9 minutes. Turn and grill until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 165°F, 5–7 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Brush peach halves with oil.
- Reduce heat to medium and grill peaches, cut side down, until warmed through, 2–3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 1/4 cup pesto and 2 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl.
- Arrange chicken and peaches on a platter and drizzle pesto sauce over. Serve remaining sauce alongside.