courtesy of CARLA LALLI MUSIC Ingredients
3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus more for pan
8 plums, cut into thin wedges
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
2 tablespoons anise liqueur (optional)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher saltMethod
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter a 2-qt. baking dish, then dust with granulated sugar.
- Arrange plums in dish.
- Pulse eggs and remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a food processor to combine.
- With the motor running, stream in half-and-half, anise liqueur, if using, and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt and pulse to combine.
- Let custard sit 10 minutes, then pour over plums.
- Bake pudding 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake until custard is golden and set, 20–25 minutes longer.
- Let cool slightly, then dust with powdered sugar.