A make ahead breakfast quesadilla filled with scrambled eggs, spinach, feta cheese and red peppers.Ingredients
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 red bell pepper
1⁄2 red onion
1⁄4 cup milk
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp pepper
4 handfuls of spinach leaves
1⁄2 cup feta
1-1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a large non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the bell pepper and red onion until soft, around 4-5 minutes.
- While cooking, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add the egg/milk mixture to the peppers/onions, stirring frequently, until eggs are nearly cooked through.
- Add the spinach and feta and fold into the eggs, stirring until spinach is wilted and eggs are cooked
- Remove eggs from heat.
- Spray a separate large non-stick pan with spray oil, and heat over medium. Add the tortilla, then one half
- of the tortilla, spread about 1⁄2 cup of the egg mixture. Top with around 1⁄3 cup of shredded mozzarella
- cheese. Fold the second half of the tortilla over, then cook for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook for another minute or so (until golden brown).
- To serve fresh: serve immediately
- To store for refrigerator or freezer: cool completely on a wire rack, then wrap in plastic wrap and store in a resealable container.
- 1To reheat from refrigerator: fry up on medium in a frying pan, or heat on grill for 2-3 minutes.
- To reheat from freezer: heat in the microwave on top of a paper towel for 30-60 seconds, then crisp up
- in the frying pan or grill for 2-3 minutes.