courtesy of The Bon Appétit Test KitchenIngredients
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
1 12-ounce bunch thin asparagus, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
1 cup sliced stemmed shiitake mushrooms
1 cup diced Fontina cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheeseMethod
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt butter in heavy broiler-proof 10-inch-diameter nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and shiitake mushrooms, sprinkle lightly with salt, and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, ¾ cup Fontina cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in medium bowl.
- Add egg mixture to skillet; fold gently to combine.
- Cook until almost set.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Fontina cheese and Parmesan cheese over.
- Broil until frittata is puffed and cheese begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.