courtesy of Bon Appetit
Satay is an Indonesian-style kebab served with a spicy peanut sauce. Here, we've amped up the sauce's flavor with some sweet peach nectar.
(which, of course, is optional) Still delicious without!
* 6 tablespoons smooth natural peanut butter, stirred to combine
* 1/3 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
* 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 to 3 teaspoons hot chili paste (such as sambal oelek)*
* 9 tablespoons peach nectar, divided
* 3 peaches or nectarines, each cut into 6 wedges
* 16 uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
* 6 heads of baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk first 5 ingredients and 5 tablespoons nectar until smooth; season sauce with pepper.
Arrange peaches, shrimp, and bok choy on grill. Brush with 4 tablespoons nectar; brush lightly with 1/4 cup sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until peaches are slightly charred, shrimp are just opaque in center, and bok choy halves are just tender, about 2 minutes per side for peaches and 3 minutes per side for shrimp and bok choy.
Mound shrimp, bok choy, and peaches on platter. Drizzle with some sauce. Serve with remaining sauce.