courtesy of Chris Denzer
This poached whitefish recipe is paleo-friendly and easy to make! Use any firm, white-fleshed fish, like halibut or codIngredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 bulbs fennel, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 pounds whitefish fillets
1 pinch saffron
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup water, or more as neededMethod
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in fennel bulbs and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add whitefish, saffron, fennel seeds, tomatoes, and water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let sit covered until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.